Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Heading North!

Next stop was Washington. Not quite Seattle but still have to take a pic of the sign!
Photobucket

NOt that you can tell but this bridge we drove over the Columbia River was a draw bridge. Tristan was hoping he'd get to see it open but on such luck.

Goodbye Oregon
Photobucket

Hello Washington!
Photobucket
First stop was Spanaway WA (close to our next stop of Puyallup). We stopped there to see Crystal. She used to live close to us and we had playdates with her son and my boys often. They moved up to WA last year :(
Hi Talen!
Photobucket

Jason played some Rock Band. Tristan threw a fit that he didn't get to play but no one else was interested in playing guitar or singing. *Note: Jason should never take up playing music professionally ;) *
Photobucket

After that we went to Applebee's and then it was obviously bed time for everyone! We went to find our new hotel. Got lost a few times because nothing in Puyallup is normal! Finally found the street we were supposed to be on and found our hotel. I left after that to go find Michelle's apt. (one of my baby center friends). I figured it would be easy peasy. She lives on the same road as our hotel. Umm not so much. She lives on the NORTH side and we were on the South and her road most of the time is a one way street. That along with her apts being down by the river buried behind trees? I never would have found it. So I called her, instead of surprising her, to come rescue me from the Italian restaurant. Look how excited she was to come save me!


She took me on a mini tour of Puyallup and we went for coffee.. where I got lectured for hating coffee LOL Here we are being nerds while M hurried and borrowed my camera batteries cause she was unprepared with dead batteries


We got the "hey we're closing in 5 minutes" speech and hurried out. She showed me how to actually get to her place and then I headed back to the hotel before Jason hurt the boys for being monsters. On the way back a police officer apparently was bored and noticed that my license plate was in my back window and not attached (thanks Jason for breaking it!) and followed me for 5 blocks before pulling me over in the hotel parking lot. Well I went to put the van in park... causing more trouble. My van is not always compliant and sometimes won't go in to park. Therefore... looking like it's in reverse! Yeah.. not good when a cop has you pulled over. He started yelling at me not to back up. Um no kidding. So I pulled in more and into a spot where my van cooperated and went in park. Jason's up on the balcony laughing and laughing grr. Cop tells me why I'm pulled over yadda yadda. Takes my license and insurance to run it. By this time I notice not just one cop.. but back up. Yes back up for the harmless white girl from Utah! I was SO embarrassed! I got the you need to fix it lecture and was sent on my merry way to park in a real spot and go to bed *sigh* I called Michelle and she got a good laugh out of it. I never get pulled over. EVER. But I got to visit her and of course I get pulled over. She was so nice to take a picture of me reattaching my plate the next day to avoid anymore interactions with Puyallups finest.


More adventures in Puyallup later!

No comments: