Monday, January 26, 2009

The results are in...

Head start called me back today and said that Griffin qualifies for speech services. He passed his cognitive test perfectly fine and his vision test. Setting up his retest on hearing this week. But on articulation she said he scored at 3% (which I'm not sure is 100% accurate because he was SO shy) which means 97% of kids his age score higher than him. So he definitely qualifies. He'll be going to class 2x a week for 2 1/2 hrs each day. he can ride the bus (which makes me cry to think of my baby riding a bus all alone!) I just have mixed emotions over the whole thing. Anywho.. that's all I know so far. We'll have his IEP meeting in the next week or so before he starts.

I'm somewhat relieved that I know the process fairly well... seeing as that's my partial minor from college. So I know the IEP process and what not... just never thought I'd be going through it for my own child.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awww I know its hard but its going to be great for him. Congrats!

-h

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Oh he will love riding the bus. It is really hard at first, but it gets easyer. I am glad he qualified.