Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Putting it out there to the world


I figure if I post it to the world (or at the least the 5 people that read my blog) I will hold myself more accountable! I have always been the big girl since I was 13. I thought I was HUGE back then... I had no idea. I am to the point I have to do something so I can be around to see my grandkids. I'm not unhealthy. I have no immediate health concerns other than my weight! So I am putting it out there that I will lose weight and I will keep it off (unlike in the past).

I have been working for almost 2 weeks now doing exercise of some kind every.single.day. I lost a few lbs the first week but they have since come back but I will keep going. I have to. Tristan is so good about reminding me to work out and he will even do my obnoxious Denise Austin Cardio work out with me LOL I just wish I had his energy! After 30 mins he still wants to do more and more!

Now I'm not living like a rabbit. I love my food but I am watching what I eat and most importantly how much! That seems to be my biggest problem, not so much what I'm eating but I can't eat for 3 people. So if you happen to read this..help me stay accountable and on track. They say it takes 3 weeks to form a new habit. I'm about half way there. If I can make it a month I think I'll be good to go!

6 comments:

Camille said...

One thing that helped me with the baby weight (when I decided to get serious about it) was I got a notebook and wrote down every single thing I was eating. It gets annoying and I found myself not wanting to eat junk, because I didn't want to write it down, especially little things. It also helped to get a look at bad eating trends. Do you have a goal? I do, but I am working backwards right now. I was really close then baby #2 changed those plans.

Shannon said...

My ultimate goal is 100lbs (or more) but right now I'm taking baby steps and am shooting for 30lbs by March

Shannon said...

I've been using sparkpeople to write down my foods. Plus it helps me know when I have to stop eating based on calories etc.

Heather said...

Congrats for you! I am on the same track as you. It takes time but as long your mind is in it, thats all that matters. Good for you!
-h

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Way to go Shannon. I am right there with you except Justin is my trainer. He hasn't let me slide one day in the last 2 weeks. We can do this.

The Achenbach Family said...

Good luck Shannon! I hope that you achieve your goal! I am so proud of what you have accomplished so far! Keep it up!!