Monday, November 27, 2006

Amazing how your views change

when you start homeschooling. Before I really thought about it every single thing we do in life our little ones are learning something. Even if it's just doing daily chores or helping mom with something.. or being quiet while she's on the phone! They are learning responsibility, how to be charitable and helpful to others, and respectful as well. They are learning new sounds and how to count and read and all the wonderful things we need to know in life by just being in this world.

Now some people might disagree with me that you can only learn certain things in a school setting. But I don't think so. There are so many things in this world that once they find an interest you just go with it. Find anything and everything you can about that thing. Tie in math and science, the history of it, and reading and they will remember. If they love it.. they will learn it.

It's no wonder I don't remember certain things from school. I had no real interest in it and it was never presented in a way that I wanted to care about it. So I just learned it and passed the class and forgot all about it. I love when something sparks Tristan's memory and he can remember whole days about things and tell you what happened and who did what. I know he can do this because they are things he loves and really cares about and has a desire to know more about.

No comments: